Codecool is a growing network of next-gen coding schools and a digital talent hub in Central Europe. Codecool is already present in 4 countries: Hungary, Poland, Romania, and Austria.
Our mission is to reinvent tech education and close the ever growing digital talent gap of companies by providing future-proof careers for ambitious people. We at Codecool want to revolutionise the way people and organisations learn, grow and connect in our tech-driven world through lifelong learning, career planning, and employee management.
We are working on our mission along our core values:
- Courage: Be brave enough to explore new things and break conventions.
- Honesty: Be honest with yourself and your peers, even when it’s not comfortable.
- Quality: Never compromise on quality, whatever you do.
- Fun: Have fun.If you enjoy something, you’ll become better at it - it’s that simple.
Change lives through coding. Become a mentor at Codecool, and help us launch hundreds of young people’s successful tech careers.
We are currently looking for mentors working from Vienna. You will work closely with the local country manager, other mentors from all our locations, team members and external partners.
You will also have training opportunities, meetings and company-wide conferences in other Codecool countries, too (as soon as we can travel again).
- Supervising Front End development / Java development / Test Automation projects
- Mentoring – not preaching. Be available to support and guide students while they are solving practical challenges in project-based tasks. They will learn concepts and theory via self-study.
- Learning and following the tried-and-tested Codecool mastery-based learning model, demand-based curriculum and growth mindset approach. Your ideas are welcome, we believe in continuous improvement. But you don’t need to reinvent the wheel – we already have successfully working models and processes for you at hand.
Our ideal candidate
- speaks fluent English and German
- believes in practice-oriented, project-based learning
- understands the difference between teaching and mentoring
- is positive and patient
- loves to learn and grow
- can be new to mentoring: no previous teaching experience is required
Why work for us?
- We offer an awesome atmosphere. Our offices are somewhere between a tech start-up and a university hallway, full of budding coding superstars.
- We have a cool office space full of friendly colleagues, all sharing the same values and attitude of work.
- You can think and work together with carefully selected top tech professionals from all over the world.
- You can share your hard earned knowledge and be part of the IT education of the future.
- You can work on your professional and management skills while mentoring others.
- You can get a name in the business scene by shaping contributing sourcing challenges for leading tech companies.
- Your ideas are welcome. We are a flat organisation - if you have an idea and the motivation to make it happen, there is no bureaucracy to stop you, you can make it happen.
- You will get a full-time contract with a motivating compensation package. You will earn a tech industry level salary for helping others to start their tech careers.
Information provided by the company in accordance with the Equal Treatment Act: The minimum wage for the position as a Frontend mentor / trainer / coach is EUR 3,500.00 gross per month on the basis of full-time employment, depending on qualifications and experience. There is a willingness to overpay.