Codecool is a growing network of next-gen coding schools and a digital talent hub in Central Europe. Codecool is already present in 4 countries: Hungary, Poland, Romania, and Austria.
Our mission is to reinvent tech education and close the ever growing digital talent gap of companies by providing future-proof careers for ambitious people. We at Codecool want to revolutionise the way people and organisations learn, grow and connect in our tech-driven world through lifelong learning, career planning, and employee management.
Change lives through coding. Become a mentor at Codecool, and help us launch hundreds of young people’s successful tech careers.
We are looking for a new mentor to join our Vienna mentor team, who will lead our weekend courses.
The timing of the course:
- timing of courses:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays classes between 6-9pm (online) + Saturday classes from 9-5pm (preferably offline)
- on every third week: Tuesdays and Thursdays classes between 6-9pm + Friday 3-9 pm
- flexible, freely allocated time slots during the weekdays: where you can give online support to the students and keep in touch with our mentor team
- Supervising development projects of our students (front-end and/or back-end)
- Mentoring – not preaching. Be available to support and guide students while they are solving practical challenges in project-based tasks. They will learn concepts and theory via self-study.
- Learning and following the tried-and-tested Codecool mastery-based learning model, demand-based curriculum and growth mindset approach. Your ideas are welcome, we believe in continuous improvement. But you don’t need to reinvent the wheel – we already have successfully working models and processes for you at hand.
- You will have the chance to prepare and conduct workshops about technologies, best practices and you will also assess our students’ knowledge from time to time during “personal assessment” sessions.
Our ideal candidate
- has experience with full-stack technologies, but we are also open to candidates with only front-end focus
- has years of daily hands-on programming experience with
- NoSQL DB (eg. Mongo DB)
- speaks fluent German and advanced level English
- believes in practice-oriented, project-based learning
- can be new to mentoring: no previous teaching experience is required
- he/she has at least 20 hours a week (as a contractor) or he/she is looking for a 30 hours/week part-time job
Why work for us?
- We offer an awesome atmosphere, somewhere between a tech start-up and a university hallway, full of budding coding superstars.
- We have friendly colleagues, all sharing the same values and attitude of work.
- You can think and work together with carefully selected top tech professionals from all over the world.
- You can share your hard earned knowledge and be part of the IT education of the future.
- You can work on your professional and management skills while mentoring others.
- You can get a name in the business scene by shaping contributing sourcing challenges for leading tech companies.
- Your ideas are welcome. We are a flat organisation - if you have an idea and the motivation to make it happen, there is no bureaucracy to stop you, you can make it happen.
- You will get a part-time contract with a motivating compensation package! You will earn a tech industry level salary for helping others to start their tech careers.
Information provided by the company in accordance with the Equal Treatment Act: The minimum wage for the position as a Frontend mentor / trainer / coach is EUR 3,500.00 gross per month on the basis of full-time employment, depending on qualifications and experience. There is a willingness to overpay.